Acrylic Nails- a Popular Choice in False Nails
Acrylic nails are one of the most popular types of fake nails for women. They’ve been around for a long time, are versatile with nail polish, and are easy to apply.
Acrylic nails are artificial nails that are applied to your real nails. They are made from a special powder mixed into a liquid. Two types of liquid can be used; ethyl methacrylate is the preferred choice. It makes the nails last longer and is more flexible.
The main concern for people using acrylic nails is the risk of infection. That can be prevented by proper application and protecting the nails from water as much as possible. Letting your nails breathe between applications will also keep your natural nails healthy.
How to Apply Acrylic Nails
Going to a salon is the easiest way to apply the acrylic nails, but they can be put on at home. The first thing to do is make sure your own nails are clean and free from polish. Trim your nails and cuticles and then put the nail glue on your nails and apply the false nails. Trim the nails to the desired length. and buff. You are ready to apply nail polish or nail art design. Some acrylic nails already come with their own nail art design or you can buy the plain ones to create your own look. They also work well to airbrush nails.
Acrylic Nails Removal
Removal of acrylic nails is a slower process but can also be done at home:
- Trim as much of the nails as possible to make it easier to remove them
- Use a nail file to file down the artificial nails
- Use acetone or a quality nail polish remover to take off the rest of the nail
- Dip your hand in the remover or acetone and let it set for thirty minutes. This will loosen the glue that held the nails on
- Remove the rest of the nails and clean your hands
- Use olive oil to help your natural nails to recover from the harsh chemicals
You can enjoy fun fake nails at home with very little effort or cost.